‘Water Works’ opens THIS SAT, March 19th @ Giant Robot 2. This special exhibition was originally put together as a show to raises awareness for Unicef’s efforts to provide clean drinking water to children in developing nations around the world. In light of the devastating disaster currently facing those in Japan, the show has expanded into a fundraiser to support Unicef’s emergency assistance for Japan’s children. All donations (up to $10,000) from the event will be matched by interTrend Communications. Please be sure to come out and support this and the special event at Japan LA this Saturday!!!
In addition to proceeds from the sale of artwork, Giant Robot will donate the following to UNICEF:
1. Proceeds from the sale of water bottles featuring labels created by artists and signed by celebrities.
2. Fifty percent of proceeds from Giant Robot’s small restaurant, gr/eats, on Saturday, March 19.
3. A percentage of all sales at Giant Robot, GR2, and GRSF during the weekend of March 18-20.
4. Raffles for donated merchandise including designer- and artist-signed items, GR gear, horseback rides, and other items.
5. Cash donations accepted for UNICEF.
The ‘Water Works’ fund raiser event features works from Andrice Arp, Gary Baseman, Chris Bettig, Bigfoot, Jude Buffum, Chris Buzelli, Louise Chen, David Choe ,Luke Chueh, Jesse Fillingham, Renee French, Ayako Fujitani, Matt Furie, Rodney Greenblat, Katherine Guillen, Joe Hahn, Clement Hanami, David Horvath, Mari Inukai, James Jean, kozyndan, Jesse LeDoux, Lisa Ling, Barry McGee, Ryan McGinness, Jeff McMillan, Junko Mizuno, Megan Mullally, Gary Musgrave, Mark Nagata, Saelee Oh, Bryan Lee O’Malley, Nathan Ota, Mu Pan, Albert Reyes, Jay Ryan, Rob Sato, Ryan Jacob Smith, Deth P. Sun, Jillian Tamaki, Katsuya Terada, Edwin Ushiro, Esther Pearl Watson, Daniel Wu, Yoskay Yamamoto, and Kohei Yamashita
Opening Reception: Sat, March 19th 6:30–10PM
Giant Robot 2
2062 Sawtelle Blvd. in Los Angeles